Thursday, August 18, 2011

PPT

Yay Pet Peeve day! I get to complain some more...cause I'm sure that's just what everyone wants to hear. But to be fair, I'm sure these are legitimate issues that don't annoy the hell out of just me.

Let's talk about cars.

Let's talk about my sorry excuse for a car.

Let's talk about the fact that I didn't get my license until I was 21. (okay that's a story for another day)

But seriously...

I JUST got a car. I'm almost 24. It's fine. I'm not bitter at all. And not just any car mind you. My mom's old 2004 Suzuki Verona. Heated leather seats, sun roof, the works. Now I'm sure you're reading this and thinking, WTF are you bitching about? Well folks, it's the lemon of all lemons. They don't even make this model anymore because it ended up having so many problems. I knew this long before my mom gave it to me, but then again, SHE GAVE IT TO ME. FREE. So there's why I can't really complain.

Except...

In the month I've had it, the engine light has been on. Twice. It's also been in the shop 4 or 5 times..I've lost count. And to top it off, the stupid Suzuki people FORGOT to order the part for my engine that was cracked?! And knowingly let me drive around with it like that. Not exactly safe. Especially when I have a 10 1/2 month old baby that rides in my car too. So for the zillionth time I had to take it in there, I decided to leave it for the weekend so I wouldn't waste gas driving it back and forth. (for a smaller-ish sized car, this thing eats up gas like it's an effing Escalade.)

So onto my actual pet peeve:
I FINALLY get the car. The engine light is FINALLY off. I notice the gas tank. It's on E. E!!! I dropped the car off with half a tank of gas, and I realize that looking at it the wrong way drains at least an 8th or two, but what were these people doing that used up a half tank of gas?? So now on top of the repairs for stuff that should have got fixed the first time I brought the car in, not the 4th, I have to pay to refill my tank.

Obviously I'm a millionare. Obviously I should be driving an Escalade seeing as how it costs just as much to fill up the tank. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment