Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh hey, middle school.

Since this is Pet Peeve Thursday, I have one more urgent pet peeve that I must share because I am so angry my eyeballs might pop out.

I’ve been at this job a month. I am nice to everyone. So nice that you could ask me to take your trash out and clean your desk and I’d probably do it. I’m in my mid-20’s now and so are many people that work here. Coming to this job, knowing that I’d be working with people my age was supposed to be a good thing, I was looking forward to it. Until I realized many of these fellow 20-somethings are girls.

I’m sure you know where I’m going with this…

All the guys are nice, all the older women are nice, everyone’s friendly. Guess who isn’t?
In middle school, high school, and even unfortunately college, girls are caddy. Girls are petty. Girls are mean, they’re downright bitches…for no reason. Now by no means am I perfect, I’ve had my share of gossip, but people…this is a job. This is legitamate. This isn’t time for omgthatgirlstolemybf! Now granted I haven’t heard any of that (yet) but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if that was next.

So I get it, I’m the new girl, let’s talk lots of shit on her it’ll be a good laugh. But what I don’t get is, what do you possibly have to say when all I’ve ever been is friendly?! Everywhere I go I make a point to NEVER give anyone any fuel to talk about me. But somehow, I suppose I managed to piss off one girl in particular (must have been my stunning personality and blinding good looks) to the point where she made makes Yahoo Messenger statuses about me. Like really? You’re going to stoop that low? That’s like 7th grade low. I mean geeze, at least get a little more creative than that. I’m obviously going to read them. And so I’m the bigger person time and status again I never say anything.

(she even made one about me that said “here’s a clue your not that important” first of all, this broad had the same job as me when she first started, actually she didn’t even do as much as I did, and secondly, here’s a clue, you spelled YOU’RE wrong.)

But today, I had had it. I was tired of letting her talk about me to practially everyone in the office behind my back and act like a 4th grader. So instead of thinking up some really witty status to retaliate with, I confronted her. And what did she do? Deny the whole thing. After I had proof from people that no, I was not crazy, those statuses were indeed about me, she pretended not to have any idea what I was talking about, and went even furthur to say that it was about upper management.

Sorry, I don’t buy the BS. She must watch Mean Girls on repeat and take notes. Maybe next time she’ll be a little more creative, oh and use spell checker.

No comments:

Post a Comment