Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's been about a century. I know...

Holy cow has my life been busy. Let's see, there were about 45 holidays since the last time I posted. 

Including this one...


 And this one.

 
And this one.
 
Oh wait, that's just S being a diva. That's not a holiday...that's everyday. Godloveher.

Aaaanyways. Not much has changed since the last time we chatted. Still separated from A, still working at the same place, and living in the same place. However, I am moving back (I hate that part...back) to my mom's apartment building (not the same apartment, thank goodness!) because my slum lord, I mean landlord REFUSES to fix anything; including replacing all the windows that aren't properly sealed, don't have screens, and don't even open, fixing the leak in my basement/garage when it rains, he refuses to repaint although the place desperately needs it (because it hadn't been repainted before I moved in) and now I have an ant problem in my kitchen. So my new rent will be higher, but at least I'll know that the maintenance people will take care of business LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. I'm sorry but if you can't handle repairs to your property, then maybe you shouldn't own property and rent it to other people. He literally told me that he'd rather buy his daughter a swing set than spend that money giving me working windows. COME ON!

So besides moving in a few months, I'm desperately trying to figure out a way to get some new furniture that won't cost me an arm and a leg. All I've got right now is Pinterest telling me 50 different ways to makeover the stuff I already have. And you know what, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. One of these days I'm going to start putting tutorials up here of some of my craft projects.


Like these bad boys.

And anything else you want me to talk about...you just let me know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment